With less than 10 days left for my semester exams and the ever growing pile of work on my study table, I find myself unable to cope with the stress of it all. Exams can be stressfull ( no shit) but the pressure of acing it, or atleast getting a decent score sheet can be daunting. Its easier to concentrate when you love the subject that you are studying. Even easier when you already have all the concepts clear. Sometimes though we find it difficult to focus on a particular subject or topic because it does not make sense to you and no matter how much time you spend on it, your brain refuses to grasp the crux of it. It is so easy to delay doing it and procrastinate at this point. But when the exams are near, the fact that you have a remarkable amount of things to do can lead to a massive panic attack. Delaying is never helpful…but isn’t that what we always do?
Years of procrastinating, slacking through school work, preparing for exams, assignments, projects and tests, even now when we have to give our semester exams, it seems, we all haven’t learnt our lesson.
There’s no way really to learn how to not procrastinate( I realise now that I might have used that word a little too much than I should have. Unnecessary reinforcement!)
Although I would suggest, in all seriousness, that when you feel that your brain cannot take more, the first and foremost thing to do is take a 15 minutes break. 15 minutes, on the clock, trust me.
Here’s a list of 5 things that you can do during the time.
1. Listen to music- really loud music, or dance music. That way your brain is forced to action.
2. Make a cup of coffee- need I explain why?
3. Exercise, or better yet, dance it out. All the stress needs to be released. You could even do boxing, use a harmless pillow.
4. Watch funny Vine videos. They are short and hillarious.
5. Power nap! 15 minutes of heavenly relaxation. Just don’t get too comfy, otherwise you will lose study time.
Give the mind some rest even if it is for 15 minutes. You will enable your mind to concentrate better.
I will leave you with that and get back to my Romantics.
Untill the next post…
Posted from WordPress for Android